im体育计划 青少年 和 成年人
佛罗里达最大的 im体育 im体育
Getting a driver’s license is the first step to independence for many teenagers, which is why we pride ourselves on providing the environment 和 instruction that allow all our students to become safe 和 confident drivers. 根据 the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute, “青少年与 自闭症谱系障碍 or 儿童注意力缺陷多动症 may have characteristics that place them at risk for unsafe driving behavior. 另一方面, they may also have characteristics that promote safer driving behavior.” Even 与 a disadvantage, the number of adolescents driving 与 special needs is growing.
We recognize that every special needs student is different. While some will fit into our st和ardized programs, others will need more specialized training. This is why our special needs program is customized around the student.
有特殊需要的孩子有动力吗? Yes, 和 the number of adolescents driving 与 special needs is growing. 根据 研究 conducted at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), two-thirds of 15- to 18-year-olds 与 a higher-functioning 自闭症谱系障碍 (HFASD) are currently driving or plan to drive, 和 1 in 3 adolescents 与 自闭症谱系障碍 (ASD) 与out an intellectual disability get licensed by age 21.
Getting licensed 和 driving 与 special needs may be viewed by teens as an exciting milestone in their transition to adulthood, but parents may approach this time 与 fear as well. Many services received as children are no longer available, 开车的想法可能会让人受不了.
青少年与 自闭症谱系障碍 or 儿童注意力缺陷多动症 may have characteristics that place them at risk for unsafe driving behaviors, like inattention or getting lost in the details of the road. 另一方面, they may also have characteristics that promote safer driving behavior, 如遵守驾驶法规的警惕性.
Experts at CHOP recommend that families answer the following questions before their child 与 special needs starts driver education:
- Do you feel your child consistently demonstrates good judgment 和 maturity at school, 周围的同事, 和家里?
- Is your child receptive to constructive criticism 和 instruction?
- Does your child demonstrate rules of the road knowledge 和 other skills taught in 司机教育课程? If not, does your child need specialized instruction or a 开车的评估?
- Is your child agreeable to practicing driving 与 a skilled adult prior to driving independently? If so, is there an adult willing 和 able to serve in this important role?
- Are there any medical or behavioral conditions (such as untreated seizures) that may prevent your child from driving safely?
- Are there medical interventions that may be needed to ensure safe driving behaviors?
If your child is ready to begin driver ed 和 supervised practice, CHOP专家建议:
- Add goals about driving to the child’s individualized education plan (IEP)
- Seek the advice of a certified driving rehabilitation specialist or occupational therapist who specializes in driving
- Consider treatment 与 ADHD medication if the child has symptoms of ADHD, 包括冲动和注意力不集中
For those teens 与 special needs who are not ready or able to drive, there are other ways to ensure safe transportation including practicing how to take public transit 和 using taxis or ridesharing services. Another option is carpooling 与 classmates or coworkers who drive.
了解更多有关自闭症谱系障碍驾驶的知识: 根据 研究 conducted at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, nearly two-thirds of adolescents 与 higher functioning 自闭症谱系障碍s (ASD) are either interested in or currently driving. One in three autistic adolescents 与out an intellectual disability get licensed by age 21. 欲了解更多信息，请访问 TeenDriverSource.org.
了解更多有关多动症驾驶的知识: Teen drivers diagnosed 与 儿童注意力缺陷多动症 (ADHD) are significantly more likely to crash, 违章驾驶, 和 engage in risky driving behaviors than their peers 与out ADHD. 欲了解更多信息，请访问 TeenDriverSource.org.
Other helpful information about driver education for children 与 special needs is found on these websites:
Our special needs lesson plans are customized around our student. Please call 和 speak to one of our specialists to create a program best suited for you or your child’s needs.
今天开始! Online Courses or traditional classroom at any of our locations.
Authorized Testing Centers for the State of Florida
14519 N. 18日圣.
Ponte Vedra / Jax海滩
1801 NW US-19, 165室，
Niceville / Destin / Ft. 沃尔顿海滩
Niceville, FL 32578
St. 奥古斯汀/圣. 约翰
St. 奥古斯汀,FL 32084
1114年托马斯维尔路. Ste E-5